At Ubisoft, we love cosplay. It’s something for fans, by fans and a definite highlight of any convention. While events like Comic Con are famous for their cosplay exploits, across the pond Gamescom is a big opportunity for European cosplayers to strut their stuff on a global stage. Here for your enjoyment are just some of our favorite cosplay moments from the show (in no particular order).
1) Edward Kenway getting ready to air assassinate that Minion…
2) It’s-a them!
3) She could have taken us from Ubisoft HQ in Paris with that thing.
4) Spot the Templar.
5) These NPCs picked the wrong booth…
6) See picture 5.
7) One short of a full house. Can you spot the missing Ranger?
8) Ever wonder what would happen if Vaas met Pagan Min?
9) The selfie we’ve been waiting for since E3.
10) We love cosplay so much we even held a cosplay contest, hosted by cosplayers.
11) Some were winners…
12) But at the end of the day, everyone looked awesome.
Finally, we’d like to give a special shout-out to some of our special cosplay VIPs who helped us out and killed it (often with a hidden blade) on the floor.
13) Rick and Dominique, who not only looked amazing as Arno and Elise, but also very kindly donated some of their older costumes to be displayed at the booth. You can see more from both of them here.
14) Erik was superb as Pagan Min and dutifully took his place on the throne as King of the Far Cry 4 fans. You can see more from Erik here.
15)Sebastian was a lucky Uplay Ambassador and even though it was the height of summer in Cologne, he gave us a taste of the dark winter to come. See more from him here.
16) Pierre & Gabrielle are beloved by teams at Ubisoft and have been Ambassadors at both E3 and Gamescom. They always look incredible and have nailed it once again as Elise and Arno. Check out more from Pierre and Gabrielle.