Title Update 9 is now available for Ghost Recon Wildlands on PS4, Xbox One and PC – bringing a new raft of fixes and improvements, as well as Xbox One X enhancements that will bring greater graphical fidelity and faster loading times. Among the changes are fixes to Ghost War’s progression and UI, including the option to visit the store directly from the Ghost War menu.
Here’s a small sampling of what’s changing:
Xbox One X Enhancements:
- Increased texture cache size to improve loading times by keeping recently used assets in memory.
- Increased distance at which object and terrain details will start to appear.
- Anisotropic filtering for better definition of terrain textures.
- Increased resolution of the terrain textures.
- Improved temporal antialiasing for less ghosting.
- Increased tessellation factor of the ground.
- New data set in high resolution for ground decals, i.e. more finesse in puddles, ruts and footprints.
- Weapons can now be customized directly from the Loadout menu as opposed to the Edit Appearance menu page.
- Store entry option has been added to the PvP Main Menu.
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t receive XP after a finished match.
- Helicopters will no longer run out of ammo upon extended usage.
- Players now have the option to select Quit to the Desktop or Quit to Main Menu from the PvP Lobby.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the triangle button to take a screenshot would also change the weapon in-game.
Additionally, PC players who don’t yet own Ghost Recon Wildlands can now play a free trial version for five hours through Uplay, and keep all their progress if they decide to buy it afterwards. Finally, there’s a special celebration in store for tomorrow, which the developers are being secretive about, so be sure to jump in for a firsthand look at what they’ve been planning. For a full list of changes, visit the official site.
Ghost Recon Wildlands is out now on PS4, PC, and Xbox One. To find out more, check out our previous Ghost Recon Wildlands coverage.