In search of the hippest version of Far Cry 5? Then we have news relevant to your interests. Ubisoft is teaming up with Mondo – the Austin, Texas-based art collective and purveyor of super-cool limited-edition posters, vinyl soundtracks and collectables – for the Far Cry 5 X Mondo Edition.
Limited to 4,000 copies, this edition contains:
- The Far Cry 5 game
- A unique, exclusive, limited-edition Mondo Steelbook designed by Jay Shaw, Mondo’s Creative Director
- A vinyl record featuring the Far Cry 5 original soundtrack
- A code to download a digital version of those vinyl tracks
- A unique box featuring exclusive Mondo artwork
- The Doomsday Prepper Pack and Chaos Pack (containing cosmetic and consumable in-game items)
“Over the years, we’ve done pretty much everything related to film collectables, and this collaboration represents the next step,” said Jay Shaw, the Mondo artist behind the Edition.
“In Far Cry 5, a lot of the narrative is based around this cult in Montana. You’ve got this cult, you’ve got a charismatic leader in Father Joseph, you’ve got a lot of cult imagery that’s used – and what I did is to take everything that they’d created for the game, and put it through my lens. One of the biggest challenges with something like this is that you’re working for a completely different medium. Gaming and film, while there are some cross-sections there, with gaming you’re a lot more open to interpret – it’s a bigger story.”
“I really had a blast working directly with Ubisoft, they’re an extraordinarily creative company.”
The Far Cry 5 X Mondo Edition is available for PS4, Xbox One and PC, and is available exclusively from the Ubisoft Store.
For more on Far Cry 5, check out our previous coverage – and stay tuned to Ubisoft Blog for all the latest.