At Microsoft’s E3 press conference, Ubisoft showed off a brand new aspect of Assassin’s Creed Unity, and it’s something the fans have been clamoring for. Co-op. For the first time ever, you will be able to call your friends into your game or join them in theirs with the click of a button. From anywhere in your world, you can summon your Brotherhood to help you take on story-driven missions revolving around the bloody and turbulent French Revolution. Take a look at the gameplay demo we revealed for your first look at the co-op. Heads up, this video is not for the particularly faint of heart.
Assassin’s Creed Unity takes you back to Paris during the French Revolution – when the streets ran red with blood, heads were mounted on sticks as a form of protest, and the grounds were set for the modern era. Step into the robes of Arno Dorian, a young man who witnessed a horrible tragedy and turned to the Brotherhood to help him combat the corruption running rampant in France.
As seen in the gameplay demo, two Assassins are better than one, and four is even better than that. Use the environment to surround your enemies and synchronize your kills in brutal harmony. In addition to the co-op, Unity also adds customization to the game. You’ll be able to pick and choose your gear and apparel, and you’ll be able to level up a set of skills to make Arno the Assassin you want him to be. All of these customizations will carry over into the co-op.
Assassin’s Creed Unity will launch globally on October 28 for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Stay tuned to the UbiBlog for more details, including the goodies we’ll be showing off at the Ubisoft press conference later today.
For more on Assassin’s Creed Unity, along with all the other titles we’ll be covering in our press conference, keep an eye on our E3 Hub, where we’ll be posting news, videos, features and more all week.
Assassin's Creed Unity
ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol
Does anyone know if its possible for pc players to play with other consoles online in coop?
I only have a pc and a friend of mine has a console. It would be great to know if i could play with him then...
if that means we can play with another player in same room split screen offline ACU it would be awesome and another question can we play 4 co-op in pc?
if that mean can we use a controller on pc for another players to play with you it would be awesome.
Will it be possible to play multiplayer offline/split screen together with someone thats in the same room as you?
Assassin's Creed Comet, the alleged Xbox 360/PS3 tie-in to this fall's Assassin's Creed Unity, will allegedly take place in North America, feature nautical exploration, and star a playable Templar.
GameBlog reported that Comet stars Shay, a sailor and Templar, which Kotaku corroborated with sources.
Kotaku also claims Comet will take players to 1758 New York, where Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's Adewalé, Assassin's Creed III's Haytham Kenway, and other familiar Assassin's Creed stars play various roles. Comet is, according to GameBlog, a direct sequel to Black Flag.
The reasons why they don't have women in Assassins creed. 1)The way she moves: How do they make the movement of a women jumping or climbing a wall?? 2)The way she talks:I don't think ever have anyone made a women with a voice that's:silent,Strong and shows she has power? Customisations(If they have):There would be more customisations for men cause men can carry heavyier more things than women. 3)How would you start a assassins game with a women?? 4) There are more men gamers and men like feeling power and strength not sexy and cute. 5)how would the movement of swords be?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thes are 5 I can think off its 12 in night so I can't think straight#Icantthink
I have been a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise since the beginning and Unity looks amazing. However I am starting to wonder if Ubisoft simply does not like female characters. After finishing Watch Dogs and seeing Clara get fridged and from what I have seen of the Unity snippets, with what looks like no choice of a female character, I have to say that I am disappointed. I am not saying go and throw a female character in there for the sake of having one. It is 2014, what is so difficult about creating a strong female character?
hello to time'm fan of the franchise Assassin's Creed, played all the games, come through this blog to expose a fear I have for the new game in the franchise "unity" First I want to say that I loved the idea of playing the game story with friends through co -op, but I have a not so positive thinking, I heard that Ubisoft removed the competitive multiplayer, is this true? if it is, the story will be longer than it was in Black Flag or any previous game in the series? My fear is the life of the game for me, usually I end up in a week 100% synchronization, so if I play with my friends and finish the game,what I'll have to do? I have to keep repeating missions ever? need to wait expect DLC's for new missions? many people talk bad the multiplayer but I am one who supports and loves to play the multiplayer, I like to customize my characters to the max there, and thats become some kind of goal/objective after i end my singleplayer game, that finish up giving longer life to the game for me, so would like if someone took that doubt about the multiplayer and answer me, and I wish someone on the production team could at least read my review.
Hello, I was wondering, when you say co-op, do you mean on separate TV's/Consoles ? Or like a split screen feature ala local co-op? I hope you mean the latter!! I was wondering the same thing about Far Cry 4 as well, thanks.
OMG is this PC or does it also look as good as this on PS4 and XBoxOne? CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!! ~~()8>
I am oh so excited for what I saw in the E3 Co-op video and can't wait to play Unity! What I wanted to ask though is, why is there zero information on Assassin's Creed Comet? I haven't made the leap (of faith) to PS4 from PS3 yet and when I heard about Comet I was so excited.
Thank you in advance,
Alex (one of your biggest fans since day 1)
Can you change outfits like you could do with edward in black flag. Eg: can we wear Connor's costume or even Altaïr's
I'll respond back to all of this.
1) Do what they did for every other male character. Do Altair and Arno have the same walk? No, they change it with every game. It's not that hard. If they really wanted to be lazy they could use Aveline's walk animation. 2) Because they never make female characters, so there can never be a "first". 3) According to your comment, not all women are weak, sweetheart. It's 2014. We aren't all dainty little flowers that can't lift more than 5 pounds without snapping our wrists. 4) The gaming community is 48% women. That's almost half. Yet games are still targeted toward the likes of you, a straight white boy. A female character doesn't have to be "sexy" or "cute", just like a male character doesn't have to be "handsome" or "hot" to sell. 5) What does this even mean. Like normal swords move.
I hope for assassin creed unity they make it where you can have a local coop gameplay because i only have one Xbox 1
OK, so the internet is all abuzz with all this hatred and bashing Ubisoft because of a perceived "lack of female characters" that they "promised (???)" in ACU. Here are some points I feel need saying, and this is as good a place as any to say it:
1. Ubisoft never promised any female characters in ACU. If I remember correctly, it was said in the past they are CONSIDERING having female leads in future games but nothing was ever confirmed after Liberty.
2. The maliciousness towards this company from most of the upstart online gaming magazines and even from some of the more serious publications left a bitter taste for me. The fact they simply cannot grasp simple information from press releases is staggering. You'd think they'd have some basic understanding of game development, design and even the history of a franchise since they work in this field, but no. Only hateful remarks of the perceived hypocrisy, duplicity and even downright misogyny of Ubisoft. What gives, people? There are far more misogynistic devs/publishers out there and they've been barely mentioned, if at all. I'm looking at you Rockstar, among others.
3. The basic inability of people in general, be it so called "fans" or editors to understand the co-op mode from ACU. Mind blowing. There's this talk of avatars and four male models, and what not and how hypocritical Ubisoft is that they created 4 male models but not even 1 female model. Even after Amancio's clarifications people still fail to grasp a few simple facts:
- there are no avatars, everyone is playing Arno.
- there are no 4 male models, just Arno with different faces for the different players you see on your screen that aren't you.
- there is no avatar customization, see first fact, just CHARACTER customization, which is entirely different, meaning you: can choose Arno's skills; can choose Arno's clothes; can choose Arno's gear. What you CANNOT do is alter how Arno's character model LOOKS LIKE. Just like you could not alter how Altair looked like. Or Ezio. Or Aveline for that matter.
So yeah. Wow.
Bottom line is - keep it up Ubisoft. Congrats on pushing the franchise forward. Congrats on handling this ****storm with such elegance and flair. Congrats on making AC more than it ever was. There are still people out there who appreciate your efforts and there are still people out there who retain their basic cognitive skills...
Competitive multiplayer has not been removed, so rest easy, Thalis! The world of the game is much larger and promises to have a more dynamic approach to missions (similar to the profiling in watch dogs), along with the main missions and static sidequests.
Don't count on it. Having local splitscreen would greatly reduce the quality of the game. Local lan, however, will be doable, so long as the users have a uplay account connected to their copy of the game.
Don't forget that there may be no such thing as AC: Comet, it's only a rumor so far. Not that it wouldn't be awesome to get an AC game for last-gen consoles but I wouldn't get my hopes up for it just yet.
I was gonna like your comment. You were coming off good until you started to be prejudice towards white straight males. I'm all for female representation, but not to attack these 'straight white boys' like the idiots from Tumblr seem to want.
Also to add to what you said, the amount of time and effort it would've taken to implement a female character to the game along with Arno is pretty extreme. Basically they'd have to do everything they did to make Arno but make her movements and actions more feminine. They couldn't just simply change the characters size and shape, it would dodgy and tacky.
SHUT UP YOU STUPID GEEKS AND STOP TRYING TO FIND SEXISM IN VIDEO GAMES!! IF u want to play, play if not stfu. there are plenty of games out there with female characters. even some with female ONLY characters. ac liberation was one of them.
to add on is that they took five years just for all the work with Arno and pretty sure any other gamer doesn't want to wait just because Ubisoft now wants to add a girl no if you want to play a game with girls play Sims or tomb raider